CATEGORIZED AS: Blessings , Highest Love , Love , Sacred Relationships , Self Help
Holiday season is typically engagement season. Many grooms pop the question with a shinny Christmas ring. But what if you are single and still would like to have a special ceremony? Try this self love ceremony.
When I teach relationship readiness seminars, I have people look into a mirror into their own eyes and recite vows to themselves. In essence, they marry themselves, first. The following is an abbreviated sample ceremony, just to get you started.
1. Light a candle and bring light into the room.
2. Say a brief prayer: Divine Spirit of all there is, please fill this place with your sacred presence. Support me in my efforts to express my love for self. Help me see my own divinity. Amen.
3. Sit down and meditate on the qualities you most honor in yourself.
4. Write down three vows that are personally meaningful to you: " I adore you … I love your strength and wisdom … I will promise to love and honor you … etc."
5. When you feel ready, look into the mirror and connect with your own eyes and read the vows to yourself. It may be uncomfortable at first, but you can transcend that. Your self-love vows will send a powerful message to your subconscious mind.
6. Celebrate your union with self with a sip of something sweet.
7. Play celebratory music.
8. Dance … and feel the love.
Need a shorter version? Every time you pass a mirror, smile and look deeply into your own eyes.
Rev. Laurie Sue Brockway is a leading interfaith and non-denominational wedding officiant. She creates unique ceremonies for couples of all backgrounds and faiths, and is also widely recognized as a relationship coach, bridal stress expert and columnist. She is author of YOUR INTERFAITH WEDDING: A Guide to Blending Faiths, Cultures and Personal Values into One Beautiful Ceremony, and WEDDING GODDESS: A Divine Guide to Transforming Wedding Stress into Wedding Bliss.